Expressions of interest are being sought for two members of the Years 9 – 12 Learning Area Group for Humanities and Social Sciences (HASS).
The two vacant positions on the HASS LAG are:
- Industry representative with expertise in the area
- VET/VEL representative with expertise in the area
The role of the Years 9 – 12 Learning Area Group (LAG) is to provide advice relating to development, implementation and support of the Australian Curriculum, the senior secondary Australian Curriculum, Vocational Education and Training (VET)/Vocational Learning (VL), and Office of Tasmanian Assessment Standards and Certification (TASC) Accredited courses.
The Years 9 – 12 LAG, where appropriate, will provide analysis and advice in areas of curriculum development and review in years 9-12 including:
- analysis of the curriculum strategy, design, resources and materials needed for a learning area, from both a state and inter/national perspectives
- advice about the development of Years 9-12 curriculum, and evidence-based tools and resources produced to enable best practice approaches to teaching, learning and assessment
- analysis of course delivery and revision to support achievement and learning growth.
The Years 9 – 12 Learning Area Group will consist of representatives from the Department of Education, Independent Schools Tasmania, Catholic Education Tasmania, TasTAFE, University of Tasmania and Industry.
Note: HASS vacancies are being advertised now to align with the 2019 course development process. Vacancies for other Learning Area Groups will be advertised as necessary.
In your expression of interest you will be asked to address each of the relevant selection criteria listed below.
For the 9-12 teaching positions on the Years 9 – 12 LAG (including DoE, Catholic, Independent School teachers, one specifically 9-10 teacher and one VET/VEL teacher):
- High level knowledge and expertise in the relevant learning area
- Demonstrated or emerging leadership skills and experience in an education context
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of contemporary education practices related to the learning area discipline in Years 9-12
- be a registered teacher and have a current WWVP and Police Check.
For the: UTAS, TasTAFE and Industry representatives:
- High level knowledge and expertise in the relevant learning area in post-year12 education and/or how it applies in business or industry
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience in an education and/or industry context
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of contemporary practices related to the learning area discipline in Years 9-12 and/or Higher Education and/or Industry
- have a current WWVP and Police Check.
Expression of Interest Process:
Please read the Terms of Reference before submitting your expression of interest.
Expressions of Interest are completed online here. Please submit your expression of interest by 5.00 pm on 23 August 2019.
The first meeting of the Years 9 – 12 HASS LAG is intended to be in early September 2019.
If you have any questions regarding the Years 9 – 12 Learning Area Groups or the Expression of Interest Process, please do not hesitate to contact Melinda Williams, via email: Melinda.j.Williams@education.tas.gov.au