Years 11 and 12 Moderation in 2019 will be held at The Don College and Rosny College on Friday 6 September.
Please note courses with TASC Quality Assurance meetings, also held in September, will not be moderated. For more information regarding those particular courses, or TASC Quality Assurance meetings visit the TASC website here.
Step 1 – Registration
- Register for Moderation here.
- Choose the meetings you will be attending.
- Registration will be open from 24 July to 30 August 2019.
- Catering will be based on registrations received by 30 August, please register as soon as possible.
Step 2 – Accessing
- If you registered for Moderation in March 2019 and will be attending meeting(s) in the same Learning Area you will still have access to those Canvas course(s).
- DOE teacher canvas course link here. The log in is your usual DoE network log in and password.
- Independent/Catholic teacher canvas course link here. Your log in is your work email address. If you have forgotten your password, please click on ‘Forgot Password’. If you have trouble logging in, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note samples for pre-submission of ratings will be published in the canvas course from 5 August.
- If you did not attend Moderation in March 2019 OR if you are going to attend a meeting from a different Learning Area you may require access to a new Canvas course. You will receive an email invitation to the new Canvas course(s) shortly after your registration (within approximately 3 business days).
Step 3 – Submitting your ratings before the meeting
- Access your Learning Area Room in Canvas from 5 August, select your course and you will be asked to read/watch/listen to a range of work samples and to assess and rate them before the meeting. These ratings will be submitted using the link provided in the Canvas room for your course.
- Please complete all your assessments before the meeting so that more meeting time can be dedicated to discussion, consensus building and determining ways of improving learners’ work.
For more information go to the Years 11 and 12 Moderation Page.