Dear English Literature teachers,
It was established at a meeting with TASC held February 20 2019, that the structure of the English Literature Prescribed Text List for 2020 will be amended to align texts with specific modules from the TASC accredited course document.
Please be advised that the Prescribed English Literature Text list for 2020 will be organised into four (4) specific sections:
- Module 1: Texts in Context: Poetry – ONE of two prescribed sets of six poems unified by a theme
- Module 2: Single Text Study – ONE prescribed Pre-20th century text
- Module 3: Comparative Text Study -TWO paired prescribed texts which contain common ideas and issues
- Module 4: Independent Study – ONE prescribed text: Learners can choose a text from the Module 4 list or a text not studied from either Module 2 or 3 from the prescribed list.
Please note that inline with the English Literature ENL315114 TASC course document:
- The text used for Single Text Study – selected from the prescribed text list – will be used in response to a Single Text item (only) on the external examination.
- A text selected from the prescribed text list for use in Module 3 cannot be used in isolation to respond to a Single Text item in the external examination.