17 May 2016
Southern Moderation Arrangements
The assessment criterion: C5
Model for September Meeting:
- Midyear examination questions developed in advance by three specified schools and shared with teachers.
- Samples developed from these questions in advance by three specified schools and teachers mark at September meeting.
Process and time frames
- Three schools volunteered to share Mid-Year Examination Questions, these were sent to English Managers on the May 3, 2016.
- Three schools volunteered to provide electronic/ scanned copies of samples enabling assessment of C5 for Belonging, Telling Truths and Imagining Australia Modules in preparation for the September Meeting
- Samples by three nominated schools sent to Lisa Davies by 5.00 Friday 15 of August 2016.Phone: 03 61655770 e: email@example.com
- Please contact Lisa Davies if there are any points of concern that require clarification.
- It was agreed at the Southern English Communications March Meeting that teachers would share Midyear Examination Questions that could additionally be used as a resource.
- This have been kindly developed by Matt Preston, Jay Wheeler and Naomi Colbeck and I would like to thank them for taking the time to develop and share these resources, I am sure they will be of value and appreciated.
- Additionally I would like to state, that however teachers choose to design and/or share midyear examination papers and assessment rubrics, please remember that the source of truth for the final examination is the course document and the examination specifications.