Courses for Review
|Arts||English||Humanities & Social Sciences||Health & Physical Education||Mathematics||Mixed Field||Science||Technologies|
Timeline for Review
- October 2019 – Formstack consultation through the Years 11 and 12 website
- Submissions open on Friday 19 October at 9.00 am
- Submissions close on Thursday 31 October at 5.00 pm.
- November 2019 Curriculum Services work with TASC to address concerns
- December 2019 Teachers will be advised by start of Term 1 of outcome of this process (including responses to issues raised which will be made available on the 11 and 12 website)
Threshold for Change
Before providing feedback – please note the threshold for changing a course that has been accredited is high and will be considered in terms of likely outcomes for learners. These issues must be discussed with your school leadership before submitting (Principal/Curriculum AP/Line Manager).
There must be either:
- Type 1 amendment – a factual error, typographical error or outdated material that needs updating; or,
- Type 2 amendment – an issue with the course that is demonstrably affecting Learner Outcomes
- There is also an opportunity to provide feedback on external assessment specifications.
In providing feedback on Type 2 amendments, you will need to provide a rationale clearly substantiating the way in which the issue has demonstrably affected learner outcomes.
The rationale must also take into account the following aspects of course accreditation.
- level of complexity – how hard or demanding courses are
- size value – how big or long courses are
- robustness – the degree of reliability and validity of results issued in a course.
- general coherence: learning outcomes and aims must be appropriate for students in the senior secondary phase of education in Tasmania; and must be at least at the equivalent of the types of competencies characteristic of AQF Cert I; and has a balance of learning of both domain-specific and generic skills and knowledge
- internal coherence: alignment (line of sight) between learning outcomes, course content, the criteria and performance standards,
- coherence with other TASC accredited courses, Australian Curriculum courses and other national counterparts.
Please provide feedback here.