Years 9 to 12 Learning delivers Moderation for approximately 1300 Year 11 and 12 teachers from all sectors – Government, Catholic and Independent schools, twice each year (March and September).
Moderation provides teachers with an opportunity to actively work on how to improve student learning outcomes and ensure consistency of judgements. This work enables students to be provided with the feedback required to progress their learning and teachers the feedback on what to do next to support student learning.
On 3 September 2021 around 1300 teachers from all sectors, Government, Catholic and Independent schools participated in the second Years 11 and 12 Moderation Day for the year. Seventy meetings were held online and an additional 4 meetings held face-to-face at two separate sites, one northern and one southern.
We appreciate the support received from schools in allowing teachers to participate in this process and also the community in allowing these valuable days to occur.
The moderation reports for these meetings will be available from the beginning of Term 4, We look forward to Years 11 and 12 Moderation in 2022 and the opportunity to further develop the knowledge built upon this year.
The Years 11 and 12 Cross-sectoral Moderation Days for 2022 have now been approved by the Minister for Education.
This is confirmation of a continuation of the previous agreement for dates for 2017-2021 – the Tuesday after the Eight Hour Day public holiday in March and the first Friday in September.
Tuesday 15 March 2022
Friday 2 September 2022
Registration, Samples and Pre-submission
- All teachers (including those who attended Moderation in March) are required to register online by 27 August 2021 for moderation sessions.
- Teachers who register will receive an invitation (via email) to the Canvas course(s) shortly after their registration (within approximately 3 business days).
- Samples and meeting resources will be available online from Wednesday 11 August 2021.
- Meetings will be statewide and will be conducted using the ZOOM online platform (the same as used in September last year).
Key information for Leaders and Participants
- Moderation Leader Role Description
- 2020 Moderation Feedback – March and September
- 2021 September Moderation Information for Teachers
- 2021 September Moderation – Information for DoE Principals
- 2021 September Moderation – Information for non-govt Principals
- 2021 September Moderation Timetable
- Zoom DoE participant help guide
- Zoom non-DoE participant help guide
- Canvas non-DoE help guide