Years 9 to 12 Learning delivers Moderation for approximately 1300 Year 11 and 12 teachers from all sectors – Government, Catholic and Independent schools, twice each year (March and September).
Moderation allows teachers to actively work on how to improve student learning outcomes and ensure consistency of judgements. This work enables students to be provided with the feedback required to progress their learning and teachers the feedback on what to do next to support student learning.
We appreciate the support received from schools in allowing teachers to participate in this process and also the community in allowing these valuable days to occur.
The Department of Education’s COVID-19 coordination team has advised that to support schools and teachers and provide certainty going forward, that Years 11 and 12 moderation meetings in 2021 should continue to be conducted online rather than scheduling large scale face-to-face meetings.
Holding the meetings online using ZOOM in 2021 will enable:
- Reduced timetable clashes – three sessions can be held in the day (each meeting will be 90 minutes), with a reduced number of samples to reflect the length of meeting
- Meetings can be scheduled as state-wide sessions
- Meetings can be attended remotely by teachers at their own school sites.
Tuesday 9 March 2021
Registrations close 3 March 2021
Friday 3 September 2021
Registration, Samples and Pre-submission
- All teachers (including those who attended Moderation in 2020) are required to register online by 3 March 2021 for moderation sessions.
- Teachers who register will receive an invitation (via email) to the Canvas course(s) shortly after their registration (within approximately 3 business days).
- Samples and meeting resources will be available online from Monday 15 February 2021.
- All meetings will be statewide and will be conducted using the ZOOM online platform (the same as used in September last year).
Key information for Leaders and Participants
- Moderation Leader Role Description
- 2020 Moderation Feedback – March and September
- 2021 March Moderation Information for Teachers
- 2021 March Moderation – Information for DoE Principals
- 2021 March Moderation – Information for non-govt Principals
- 2021 March Moderation Timetable
- Zoom DoE participant help guide
- Zoom non-DoE participant help guide
- Canvas non-DoE help guide