AGENDA – Regional Library meeting for March 2017
Item 1 to be advised in meeting
2. Demonstrations of searching and researching and citation for resource support in library management systems – for teachers and students
We use several library management systems in the group – OCLC’s WorldCat, Sirsi-Dynix and Infiniti to name just 3. Someone else is using ACCESS-IT and Oliver. All of us are endeavouring to teach info literacy in accessing the College’s own systems, not be bound by those so as to prepare students to be able to also use those at LINC and UTAS. Moderating on best practice there from the time the staff or students search at the catalogue, through the portals and gateways so different in each system to the databases and then on to the how’s of referencing and citation.
Could everyone demonstrate what they do on their system as part of a shared PL exercise?
3. Resource support for new courses/syllabi coming in
- New courses being developed in 2017
- Years 11/12 Courses for online use in 2017
- Personal Pathway Planning Level 2 new
Please bring along any resources you are using with these new courses to share with the group
4. Moderating the TASC Academic Integrity Standard
That college librarians work towards creating simple guidelines for moderating Academic Integrity, with a view to achieving state-wide, cross-sector comparability in how teachers assess and sign off on academic integrity in students’ work.
If possible provide a sample of an assessment tool you currently use for A.I. with a view to creating a single tool.