UPDATED – 6/3/17
Please download and print off the attached samples and support materials (or bring along a device on which you can view the samples) and bring them to the meeting. (Paper copies of samples, support materials and course documents will not be provided on the day).
It would be helpful where possible if you could download Sample 2 the film trailer and bring on your laptops or tablets to discuss at the meeting.
There will be some time in the meeting to assess the samples, but it will be useful to have already read them beforehand.
You will assess all four samples against Criterion (6), elements (1- 4 ).
Overview of samples:
- Sample 1- Module 2 – analysis of an adapted text
- Sample 2 – Module 2 – film trailer – adaptation of Argo
- Sample 3 – Module 2 – newspaper article
- Sample 4 – Module 1 – essay ‘Spiegelman’s Maus asserts the triumph of the human spirit against adversity.’ Discuss.
Please also ensure you bring a copy of the Course Document.
- ENGLISH – LEVEL 3 – SAMPLE 1
- ENGLISH – LEVEL 3 – SAMPLE 1 TASK DESCRIPTION
- ENGLISH – LEVEL 3 – SAMPLE 2 – VIDEO – A password to access the video sample will be emailed to you upon completion of your registration. Alternatively, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request the password.
- ENGLISH – LEVEL 3 – SAMPLE 2 – CONTEXT STATEMENT
- ENGLISH – LEVEL 3 – SAMPLE 3
- ENGLISH – LEVEL 3 – SAMPLE 4
Rationale for selection of work samples for Moderation purposes.
As English Level 3 is new in 2017, I have sourced four current work samples from schools and colleges across the state. The samples vary in terms of Module focus and text type. I greatly appreciate the support given by these teachers at this time.
Thank you for your ongoing support