On this page you will find information to assist with the teaching of courses in The Arts learning area.
An online space has been established to provide an opportunity for teachers to collaborate across sectors, and share resources and ideas. Instructions on how to join can be found on the Communities of Practice page.
The Curriculum Leader for The Arts can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teachers and the wider educational community are key partners in the course development process in the Years 9 to 12 Project. The Road Map for this learning area includes the current course offerings and a staged process of replacing or creating new courses. For more information visit the Course Development section of this website.
Information to support the delivery of courses currently accredited by TASC can be found below.
Art Studio Practice
Art Theory and Criticism
Dance Choreography & Performance
Dance the Basic Moves
Media Production Foundations
Music Technology Projects – Foundation
- TASC Course Details
- Teaching and Learning Supplement
- Sample Scope and Sequence – Preliminary Arts: Visual Arts
- Sample Scope and Sequence – Preliminary Arts: Dance
- Information Sheet Preliminary to Level 1
Technical Theatre Production
Learning Area Group (LAG)
Years 9 to 12 Learning Area Groups (LAGs) meet as required to advise on strategic aspects of course provision, development, implementation and review.
Current LAG members are:
- Jane Polley (Curriculum Leader – The Arts) – Chair
- Dayna Dennison (Yr 11/12 – Department of Education Sector)
- Scott Weston (Yr 11/12 – Catholic Sector)
- Michelle Weeding (Yr 11/12 – Independent Sector)
- Katie Wightman (Yr 9/10 – Department of Education Sector)
- Dr William (Bill) Baker (UTAS)
- Simone Cunliffe (VET/VEL)
- Ian Wallace (TasTAFE)
- Dr David Sudmalis (Industry)
For more information about the LAG please contact email@example.com