On this page you will find information to assist with the teaching of courses in the Health and Physical Education learning area.
An online space has been established to provide an opportunity for teachers to collaborate across sectors, and share resources and ideas. Instructions on how to join can be found on the Communities of Practice page.
The Curriculum Leader for Health and Physical Education can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teachers and the wider educational community are key partners in the course development process in the Years 9 to 12 Project. The Road Map for this learning area includes the current course offerings and a staged process of replacing or creating new courses. For more information visit the Course Development section of this website.
Information to support the delivery of courses currently accredited by TASC can be found below.
Personal Health and Wellbeing
Preliminary Health and Physical Education
Sport Science – Foundation
Learning Area Group (LAG)
Years 9 to 12 Learning Area Groups (LAGs) meet as required to advise on strategic aspects of course provision, development, implementation and review.
Current LAG members are:
- Darren Perry (Curriculum Leader – HPE) – Chair
- Luke Hamilton (Yr 11/12 – Department of Education Sector)
- Emma Batten (Yr 11/12 – Independent Sector)
- Georgina Harris (Yr 11/12 – Catholic Sector)
- Vaughan Cruickshank (UTAS)
- Casey Mainsbridge (UTAS)
- Vincent van de Vusse (VET/VEL)
- Jonette Scott (TasTAFE)
- Christian Ellston (Industry)
- Kaylah Rataj (Yrs 9/10 – Department of Education Sector)
For more information about the LAG please contact email@example.com