On this page you will find information to assist with the teaching of courses in the English learning area.
An online space has been established to provide an opportunity for teachers to collaborate across sectors, and share resources and ideas. Instructions on how to join can be found on the Communities of Practice page.
The Curriculum Leader for English can be contacted via email at email@example.com.
Teachers and the wider educational community are key partners in the course development process in the Years 9 to 12 Project. The Road Map for this learning area includes the current course offerings a a staged process of replacing or creating new courses. For more information visit the Course Development section of this website.
Information to support the delivery of courses currently accredited by TASC can be found below.
English as an Additional Language
Learning Area Group (LAG)
Years 9 to 12 Learning Area Groups (LAGs) meet as required to advise on strategic aspects of course provision, development, implementation and review.
Current LAG members are:
- Lisa Davies (Curriculum Leader – English including EALD) – Chair
- Sarah Cupit (Yr 11/12 – Department of Education Sector)
- Gina Slevec (Yr 11/12 – Catholic Sector)
- Dr William Simon (Yr 11/12 – Independent Sector)
- Alison Farmer (Yr 9/10 Independent Sector)
- Dr Naomi Milthorpe (UTAS – English)
- Dr Jocelyn Nettlefold (Industry)
- Dr Yvette Blackwood (Literacy) (Independent Sector)
- VACANT – (TasTAFE)
- VACANT – (VET/VEL)
For more information about the LAG please contact firstname.lastname@example.org