As part of our professional learning program for 2017 we are very pleased to offer English teachers the opportunity to participate in a professional learning session presented by Dr Naomi Milthorpe Lecturer in English from the University of Tasmania.
The session will comprise:
- a (short) critical lecture on poetic form focussing on John Keats, “Ode to Autumn” and
- Thomas Wyatt, “Whoso list to hunt”
- activities for promoting poetic analysis with regard to the themes of ‘love’ and ‘loss’.
Session date and times:
- Monday, 22 May 2017 – 4.30 p.m. to 5.30 p.m.
- This session will be run in the south of the state with the venue to be advised.
- Resources will be made available following the session.
Please register via the Years 11-12 Curriculum Website Calendar Event by close of business, 5.00 p.m. Friday 12 of May 2017.
- After you have registered I will formally acknowledge your attendance by sending an email with further details.
- I would appreciate it if you would kindly pass this information on to interested English teachers.
- Please send any further queries to the CTL for English, Lisa Davies at email@example.com