EAL 3: Types of Text: Analytical, imaginative, interpretive and persuasive texts
4 May, 3:30pm (for a 3:45pm start) – 5pm
Boardroom, Library, Elizabeth College
You can also join this meeting via Lync. Please contact Christopher for details.
Aims of the short session are to:
- define the genre
- explore types of text that belong to the genre
- examine language feature of the types of text
- test our understanding by looking previous EAL3 exams and applying the new types of text (Part 4: Writing in English). Please also bring along a sample task that from your class.
We will also look at further PL if needed. Additional PL might focus on:
- Scaffolding the teaching of the genre
- Sharing and review of samples of student work and creation of essay/activity topics for the different types of text
Please RSVP to Christopher Riley by Friday, 29 April.