The following constitutes an overview of some of the work of Curriculum Services in the English Learning Area from late 2018 into 2019.
Curriculum Services Communication
- Please note that all information regarding the work of Curriculum Services in regards to Years 11-12 is published on the Years 11-12 Curriculum Website
- All communication regarding the work of Curriculum Services in the English Learning Area is published on this site and this will be the principal means of communication to ensure all information is accessible to all stakeholders.
Subscribing to RSS news feed from the Years 11-12 Curriculum Website.
You can subscribe to the RSS feed for news items on the site, using the following steps:
- Step One: click on this link. In some browsers you may need to cut and paste the following URL: http://11and12.education.tas.gov.au/feed/
- Step Two: Open your email account and go to account settings, select RSS feeds and add the following URL: http://11and12.education.tas.gov.au/feed/
- Once added highlight Years 11 and 12 and then select automatically download enclosures. All Year 11/12 Curriculum Services news items will now appear in this RSS mail box when posted.
- RSS feed is best viewed in IE or Firefox. If viewing in Google Chrome add the RSS Subscription extension.
- I would like to welcome the return of EALD suite of courses to Years 11-12 English Learning Area, this move brings us in-line with all other Australian states.
- I would like to formally thank and acknowledge Melissa Wickins the former Curriculum Teacher Leader EALD and Languages for the professional and positive approach should brought to her work in this area.
- I look forward to working with you and request that if you have any queries in relation to the curriculum that you direct them to me.
New TASC Accredited Preliminary to Level 1 English Courses for 2019
- Preliminary English Stages 1-4 PRE005119, PRE005219, PRE005319, PRE005419,
- To enable greater accessibility, opportunities for attainment and content clearly aligned to the Australian Curriculum Preliminary courses contain the following features:
- course content developed throughout four stages of learning which focus on progressing learners from an emergent to early conventional level.
- learners can enter the course at any of the four stages depending upon their level of readiness or ability
- a learner can undertake 50 hours, 100 hours or 150 hours of study in each Stage of learning
Amendments and minor corrections to English courses.
- In 2018 Curriculum Services made amendment requests to TASC for a number of courses in response to feedback from teachers in December 2018.
- For the English learning Area this concerned amendments to Essential Skills – Reading and Writing ERW210114 and amendments to English Level 3 ENG315117
- TASC will publish amended courses and details of amendments made in the version history section of the course documents.
- Curriculum Services did not make proposed minor amendments for English Writing ENW315114 to TASC , further detail and outcomes of consultation are available through the News tab on the Years 11-12 Curriculum Website
Development of Prescribed Text Lists for English Level 3ENG315117 and English Literature ENL315114 for study in 2020
- Surveys for Prescribed Text Development for both English Level 3 and English Literature have both been extended until close of business March 1st 2019 .
- Thank you to all teachers who have contributed to these surveys, your time and consideration is appreciated.
English Literature ENL315114
- I also note that changes have been made to English Literature ENL315114 through the Version History in the online TASC course document regarding ‘Clarification of use of texts from Modules Two and Three on examination.’ You may wish to familiarise yourself with these changes as the changes may influence your teaching plan for the year.
- As best practice teachers should always check the current version of TASC accredited courses on the TASC website to note any changes in the Version History of the course document.
Kind regards Lisa