Timeline for reviewing/revising courses that were new in 2017
- Nov – Dec 2017 Formstack consultation
- Dec – Jan 2018 Curriculum Services work with TASC to address any major concerns
- Dec – Jan 2018 Teachers will be advised by start of Term 1 of outcome of this process (including responses to issues raised)
Below is a list of courses being reviewed by Curriculum Services. During November you will have an opportunity to raise any issues you may have with any of these courses.
Before providing feedback – please note the threshold for changing a course that has been accredited is high and will be considered in terms of likely outcomes for learners. Please ensure you have discussed your concerns with your Principal/Curriculum AP/Line Manager before submitting.
There must be either:
- a factual error, typographical error or outdated material that needs updating
- an issue with the course document that is demonstrably affecting Learner Outcomes.
In providing feedback on issues, you will need to provide a rationale clearly substantiating the way in which the issue has demonstrably affected student outcomes taking into account the following aspects of course accreditation.
- level of complexity – how hard or demanding they are
- size value – how big or long they are
- robustness – the degree of reliability and validity of results issued in a course
- general coherence: learning outcomes and aims must be appropriate for students in the senior secondary phase of education in Tasmania; and must be at least at the equivalent of the types of competencies characteristic of AQF Cert I; and has a balance of learning of both domain-specific and generic skills and knowledge
- internal coherence: alignment between learning outcomes, course content, the criteria and performance standards,
- coherence with other TASC accredited courses, Australian Curriculum courses and other national counterparts
|English||Humanities & Social Sciences||Mathematics||Mixed Field||The Arts|