The Years 9 to 12 Project Steering Committee met on Tuesday 24 March 2020 and discussed appropriate ways forward, given the change in priorities, resources and staffing associated with COVID-19.
The health and wellbeing of students and staff is a key priority at this time, which has led the Steering Committee to decide to pause external consultation for the Years 9 to 12 Project until further notice. A key implication of this pause, is for provision of new courses under the Years 9 to 12 Curriculum Framework:
- The priority is to ensure that a full curriculum is available for Years 11 and 12 in 2021. Please send any questions and concerns regarding Years 11 and 12 provision to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Australian Curriculum offerings for Years 9 and 10 will remain unchanged
- New courses using the Years 9 to 12 Curriculum Framework will not be developed and delivered in 2021
- Consideration of when new courses may be able to be developed will be required to occur at some stage, and noting the dynamic nature of the COVID-19 situation, this will need to be assessed and determined as the situation unfolds.
A second key implication is for the implementation of new approaches under the Vision for Vocational Learning and VET in Tasmanian Schools to 2030:
- Formal consultation on the draft Vocational Learning in Tasmanian Schools Framework and the draft Requirements and Guidelines on the delivery of VET in schools will pause.
- The timing for the development of and consultation on the other elements of the Framework will need to be considered, however again, this will need to be assessed and determined as the COVID-19 situation unfolds.
Online Course Development Support for Years 11 and 12
A full list of currently available courses, modules being developed and instructions on how to access online course development support resources please visit the Online Course Development Support page
Course Development Communiques