The process for English 3 Moderation is as follows
All schools throughout the state (using the moderation question below and who have taught Module 2) please send three samples representing an A, B and C rating by August 1st, 2018 to:
North: Amelia Diprose
South: Fran Moore
- It would be helpful if the samples were scanned and sent electronically.
- Please remove any student identification and assessment comments and marks etc.
- When forwarding the samples for Moderation please identify the specific context/conditions of creation of the sample as it is important to know whether the students have had time to draft and refine the response.
2.The conditions for delivering the instrument
- The required form of the response is an analytical essay, written in the third person.
- The purpose of this task is for state-wide Moderation.
- Schools could choose to deliver the instrument in the context of an ‘in class’ essay, open book, edit, draft or mid-year examination.
- Schools are reminded that the purpose of Moderation is not to develop midyear examination papers.
- If schools choose to share their midyear examination papers, please understand this will not have influence on setting of the final examination. The source of truth is the course document and the examination specifications.
- Criterion 2 Elements 1,2,3,4
- Criterion 4 Elements 1,2,3,4
‘Adaptations often purport to be a retelling of a hypotext.
With reference to your set of study texts critically analyse and evaluate the representation of the main themes, ideas and concepts across different text types.’